- Funny how a $20 (+/- Rp.170.000) bill looks so big
when you take it to Mosque, but so small when you take it
to the market.
- Funny how long it takes to do Zikr for an hour, but
how quickly a team plays 60 minutes of basketball.
- Funny how long a couple of hours spent at Mosque are,
but how short they are when watching a movie.
- Funny how we can't think of anything to say when we
pray, but don't have difficulty thinking of things to
talk about to a friend.
- Funny how we get thrilled when a baseball game goes
into extra innings, but we complain when a "Taraweh"
during Ramadhan is longer than the regular time.
- Funny how hard it is to read a Para in the Quran, but
how easy it is to read 100 pages of a best selling
- Funny how people want to get a front seat at any game
or concert, but scramble to get a back row at mosque so
that it is easy to scramble out.
- Funny how we need 2 or 3 weeks advance notice to fit
a Mosque event into our schedule, but can adjust our
schedule for other events at the last moment.
- Funny how hard it is for people learn a simple
Preaching well enough to tell others, but how simple it
is for the same people to understand and repeat
- Funny how we believe what the newspaper says, but
questions what the Quran says.
- Funny how everyone wants to go to heaven provided
they do not have to believe, or to think, or to say, or
- Funny how you can send a thousand 'jokes' through
e-mail and they spread like wildfire, but when you start
sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice
FUNNY, ISN'T IT?
Are you laughing?
Are you thinking?